How to Apply - Athletic Scholarship
Step 1: Submit Application with A$1000 deposit.
- Program Application Form
- 2 letters of recommendations from coaches
- An athletic resume
- A good quality, well edited video showcasing your skills and abilities
- CV (resume) indicating academic and extra-curricular activities (athletics, arts, or others). Include a smiling headshot
- High school transcript (original or certified copy)
- High school diploma (proof of graduation). If you are in your final year of high school you must include a letter from a school official stating your current academic standing and expected graduation date
- University transcripts (original or certified)
- Two letters of recommendation from your high school or college
- At least one recommendation must be from a High School or University Professor
- The form must be signed and stamped
- Personal essay including the following items (maximum of two pages):
This is your opportunity to show the universities and colleges who you are and what you are looking for. This is a very important part of your application!
- Introduce yourself in a clear and accurate way (personality, hobbies, activities, sports).
- Describe your personal career (school, work, volunteer/extra-curricular experiences) and your goals and motivation for future study.
- What would you bring to the school to make it a better campus (strengths and outstanding characteristics)?
- Reasons why you chose to be a Go Campus participant and study in America.
- SAT Test Score (REQUIRED)
- If you do not have a SAT Test score, please check our FAQs for details on where and when you can take a SAT test.
Step 2: Interview
Shortly after receiving your application, we will arrange an appointment for an interview. The interview is an opportunity for us to:
- Find out more about you as a person and to understand your interests, aspirations and abilities
- Identify your sporting interests, experience and abilities
- Review your academic status and major(s) of interest
- Explain the program in detail
- Give you (and your parents) a chance to ask questions
Step 3: Acceptance onto the program
If successful, we will write to you confirming your acceptance onto the program and enclose our invoice for the balance of the program fee. Payment is due immediately.
Step 4: We submit your complete student file to Go Campus and the search for suitable Scholarships begins.
Step 5: Go Campus will release scholarships once final payment has been received. We will send this information to you immediately upon receipt.
Step 6: Acceptance of a specific Scholarship offer must be made within ten (10) days of receipt of the offer. Upon formal acceptance of a Scholarship offer, all other Scholarship offers lapse at that point.
Step 7: The admissions process begins. Go Campus staff will stay in touch and assist until you receive the I-20 immigration form. You will be asked to complete institutional forms such as application for admissions, medical forms, financial documents, etc. From that point you remain in direct contact with the university admissions counsellor to coordinate items such as payments and airport pickup etc.
Step 8: Attend an interview at the US Consulate; get your visa; coordinate your departure to America!