AUSSIES CALL 1300 135 331
KIWIS CALL 0800 440 079

Your Visa

When you accept a Scholarship offer and decide to study in the USA, you will be guided through the admission process required by the selected university in order to obtain the I-20 Form (required by the US embassy) to obtain the student visa.

Apply for your student visa well in advance of the date you would like to depart for the United States. Holiday seasons (such as Christmas / New Year’s Day) and the summer months (November - January) can be very busy times at US consulates and embassies. Also, security concerns can cause unexpected closings at any time.

You will need to apply for your visa at the US embassy or consulate with jurisdiction over your place of permanent residence.

Obtaining the visa remains the sole responsibility of the student although you will receive assistance from Student Placement Australia New Zealand Pty Ltd. and Go Campus throughout this process.

Each student applies for the student visa in their home country and must attend the local US consulate for a personal interview. Although visa applicants may apply at any US consular office abroad, it may be difficult to qualify for the visa outside the country of your permanent residence.

Further information on visas, including how to apply and associated fees can be found on the US embassy website here: